Durham Wakefield Watford London Maidstone
0191 3753 876

Building Control in Dartford

If your current dwelling place or house is more like an 'OK' kind for your growing family, think about a domestic extension by adding a new room. Instead of looking for a bigger house to hold your budding family due to stark budget constraints, think about extension to your current house, especially if you like your current house or neighbourhood. Adding on can be much cheaper than buying a new house, but there are few things to consider before you make your decision for creating a great room model. If you do not know, even extensions need approval from building control body. Hiring approved inspectors to manage your home extension or remodelling or altogether new construction helps to keep the project in check and the contractor’s inline. These inspectors charge reasonable building control fees and it varies from firm to firm. It is advisable to know it prior to commencement. Even if you are just doing a small modifying like a bathroom, it needs to be approved and meet the building regulations. Building regulations are distinct from planning permission as they control how buildings are to be designed or modified, while planning permission is concerned with appropriate development, the nature of land usage and the appearance of neighbourhoods. Therefore, sometimes both must be considered when building works are to be undertaken.

Most of the homeowners do not have the experience to manage all these things effectively and that's where building inspectors come in. Their job is to get approvals from the local authority and make sure your building design is planned with the help of structural engineering. They work with district surveyors who provide professional advice on property and construction, and complete detailed reports known as building surveys.

Make sure you hire the best building inspectors in Dartford to ensure that your building meets all the requirements. SAP Calculations and SBEM Calculations are mandatory for all constructions in the UK, so make sure you have the energy performance certificate for your construction too.