Durham Wakefield Watford London Maidstone
0191 3753 876

Building Control in Hampstead

All approved inspectors must meet certain educational standards, obtain the proper license and pass a test in order to become one. These inspectors generally have extensive experience in construction and the accompanying licenses. Since they are self-employed or private firms, it is always a good idea to make sure that they possess all these skills before using their services.

Approved inspectors work with clients, design teams and contractors from a very early stage on to help avoid building regulation problems. So always use approved inspectors as a way to ensure you or your contractor is doing the best work possible on your home. Building inspector will check your architect or engineer's plans and makes sure they are suitable for your building site, and whether or not builders are following building regulations. They will also keep this information on file, so you can check on any remodels or other domestic extensions or office fitout to your home with your building regulations department or building control office. They will keep a record of any building permit issued for your home, so you can always go back and look at the history of your home remodeling. It is a requirement for all new dwellings to have both SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure) and SBEM (Simplified Building Energy Model) assessments done during construction. SAP Calculations are normally required on extensions that have a large amount of glazing. SBEM is used for non-domestic buildings. The tool is currently used to determine carbon dioxide emission rates for new buildings. SBEM Calculations also used to generate Energy Performance Certificates for non-domestic buildings during construction and at the point of sale or lease.

Research for the right firm in Hampstead that can provide experienced energy assessors who can provide SAP calculations, SBEM calculations, district surveyors and building control fees for your new buildings.