Durham Wakefield Watford London Maidstone
0191 3753 876

Building Control in Kent

The process of Building Control has changed over the years. Whilst Building Control Surveyors have been around in many different guises since the great fire of London the modern day process of using an Approved Inspector was only permitted since changes in the Building Act in 1984.

The changes to the act introduced the concept of Approved Inspector as an alternative to using a District Surveyor, Clerk of works or a Local Authority Building Control Surveyor.

From our Kent office we are able to provide Building Control in Kent, Sussex, Maidstone and Sevenoaks and other regions in and around London as an alternative to that of the Local Authority.

If you are considering carrying out construction work, whether to install new plant, extend drainage, reline a wall, create a loft conversion or carry out a domestic extension or build a new dwelling it is likely that you will need Building Control Approval and the services of an Approved Inspector or other Building Control Body.

Over the years we have listened to our customers to develop a service that is quick and efficient Building Control Service that can be tailored to suit our client’s needs.

Our building inspectors aim to help and assist clients achieve compliance with the requirements of the Building Regulations.

It is the simple things we do well, we don’t require our clients to complete application forms, we don’t require our clients to pay fees up front we work hard to ensure that our customers are treated and respected like a client should be.

It not just the little things we excel in, our staff are highly trained, many hold degree qualifications in Building Control engineering and all are professional qualified either with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or Association of Building Engineers.

We have also trained several members of staff to have duel qualifications and therefore provide advice and calculations such as Access Audits, we are NRAC qualified Access Consultants. SAP calculations and SBEM calculations which are thermal calculations used on many domestic and commercial new build properties.