Durham Wakefield Watford London Maidstone
0191 3753 876

Building Control in Sittingbourne

Everyone goes through the construction or extension or alteration process at least once in their lives. Except for small renovations all other works need approvals. It is mandatory to take approvals from local authorities even before the procedure can start and make sure they meet all the building regulations. You can do it yourself or hire approved inspectors. These inspectors help you from initial stage to the end and ensure you get all necessary approvals in place. They charge you reasonable building control fees depends on your proposed work. Building regulations comprise a series of approved documents used by building control body inspectors (BCB) to establish that new homes are safe, accessible and sustainable. In England and Wales these are usually referred to as Parts A through P. Changes to building regulations happen fairly infrequently and they are often technical tweaks to existing standards. You still need to understand their impact on your own building, though sometimes the revisions are significant. One of which being the most important one to consider is Part L of the approved documents i.e., energy performance rating.

Under SAP Calculations and SBEM Calculations process, every new house is assessed against a notional house of similar size to produce a target emission rate (TER) which is expressed as the amount of CO 2 produced in kg. The SAP Calculations is a mathematical model and is the official method used in the UK to calculate the energy efficiency in buildings to assess compliance to building regulations and generate an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate). Even domestic extensions require energy performance certificate.

Do a thorough research and talk to neighbours or friends to get some references for the building inspectors in Sittingbourne. Approved inspectors will fit your requirements precisely, so look for experienced professionals in structural engineering and those who can work with district surveyors, as well.