Durham Wakefield Watford London Maidstone
0191 3753 876

Building Control in Sussex

Whether you are a Contractors, Home owner, Architect or Surveyor if you are doing an extension, loft conversion, office fit out or other commercial building work it is very likely you will need Building Regulations consent. Building Regulation consent is required often in addition to planning approval.

We provide building control in Sussex. As an Approved Inspector we are approved to offer an alternative service to using Local Authority Building Control.

The service of an Approved Inspector is different to that of the Local Authority. We do not have the power to prosecute clients, unlike the council. Instead we work closely with our clients to ensure that they are correctly steered to achieve compliance with the Building Regulations. It is this helpful approach and commitment to service that has given us the excellent reputation we have obtained.

There are two ways of gaining Building Control, you can either engage a private company that staffs approved surveyors or inform the local authority building control. The private company approach is often considered to the equivalent of private healthcare, but at a very competitive rate.

Once the plans are submitted, the building control provider entrusts the task of checking the plans to it building control surveyor, some companies out-source this aspect, we do not, our plan checking and everything other than remote site inspection are carried out and provided by our in house professional qualified staff.

Depending on where you are located you may find that your Building Control Surveyor may come under a different name, such as building inspectors, district surveyors or approved surveyors. The job is very much however the same, your plans will be check and the works will be inspector to ensure compliance with the requirements of the regulations. Following which a final certificate will be issued.

Often the Building Inspector is not the only professional service you will require. If you are constructing a new dwelling or commercial building is it verv likely that you will also need a SAP calculation or an SBEM calculations. These are thermal calculations that help to establish the level of CO 2 emitted from a building and thus determine compliance with the government standard. At Greendoor we can provide these as separate services, providing we are not carrying out the Building Control, if required.

Obviously with many professional service there is always a fee to pay. Our Building Control fees are always competitive with other Approved Inspectors and more often than not Local Authority Building Control.