Durham Wakefield Watford London Maidstone
0191 3753 876

Building Control in York

Whether you want to build your dream house or a commercial property, you will be required to ensure that you have the necessary approvals in place before you commence.

It might sound reasonable but the task can be difficult and lead to many stresses, especially if you are not aware of the process. This is where building inspectors come to your aid. Building Control approval is usually gained after planning consent is issued. Building Control can be gained either from your Local Authority or an Approved Inspector.

The Building Regulations do the important job of ensuring the requirements for structural stability, damp proofing, thermal and fire, to name a few are achieved.

These inspector, or as often known as a district surveyors works with you or your design team (architects or engineers) to plan the layout and make sure they satisfy the requirements.

When you structural engineer completes the structural engineering aspects they will do an appraisal of the calculations as a double check. Building inspectors also keep this information on file, so you can refer them at a later date, when you are looking to do further renovations or domestic extensions of your building. That’s the great selling point if you put your home on the market or if you are buying an older home. You can see its history of home improvements and how it is been maintained. So always use building inspectors in York as a way to ensure you get the standard of work done by your contractor on your dream home.

Approved Inspectors can work with you from the commencement of construction through to completion to aid the smooth running of your approval and ensure building regulations are obtained. Approved inspectors have the responsibility to take reasonable steps to see that the building work complies with building regulations throughout the process for a nominal building control fees for the work done.

Further, every new dwelling or extension must have energy performance certificate. This can be calculated through SAP assessments. One supplier being Stroma. SAP Calculations are the methods of assessments used to determine the energy rating and carbon dioxide emissions for any residential dwelling. SBEM Calculations are an effective and relatively swift modelling tool to use and incorporate a wide range of building energy features.